Independent transporters must have transporter license

Emily GordonCannabis LawLeave a Comment


The Marijuana Enforcement Division in Colorado has released an industry bulletin (17-04) to remind stakeholders that as of July 1, 2017, any independent business (that is, not a current licensee transporting its own goods) transporting marijuana between licensed businesses must have a transporter license issued by the MED. Previously, such entities only had to have an occupational license. Now, they must not only obtain a transporter license, but must meet other requirements including but not limited to having a licensed premises and complying with all security and surveillance requirements.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *