As our Associate Product Owner, you’ll be focused on 80% product and 20% infrastructure. Working within our invigorating start-up culture, you’ll be a valuable contributor in making our product and operations teams more efficient.
Not only will you get to work closely with our passionate product and technology team, but you’ll gain exposure to core software development principles, roadmapping and user research. Best of all, you’ll have the opportunity to gain insight into the exciting and fast-paced cannabis industry.
- Feature or technical writing. Story writing for agile development is what you’ll be writing, so you’ll need prior experience writing highly detailed (if not technical) content.
- UX-based thinking. We don’t need true UX experience, but you should be comfortable (even excited) thinking about the patterns of using software. Maybe you even consider yourself a power user of the software you use.
- Data Analysis. You’ll be exposed to anecdotal and qualitative data, so an intuition about the questions needed to make thoughtful conclusions is a necessary foundation.
- Ability to organize/automate. We need you to take over important operational processes. Among other things, you’ll have Excel skills and experience using automation as shortcuts
- SQL skills a plus.
- Must be Denver-based. Remote candidates will not be considered.
- 1+ years of operations or product experience at a SaaS company. Preferably a start-up.
- Formal experience in task-based or technical writing. Could be anything from product specs to project plans to technical documentation.
- Experience with software development teams would be valuable, but not required.
- Experience in any facet of the cannabis industry would be valuable, but not required.
- JIRA story writing and validation. You’ll assist in outlining new features, writing them into requirements for our dev team, and QAing and validating that work. Eventually, you’ll be our story-writing guru.
- User Research. Staying in close contact with the voice of our users is time consuming. You’ll help our Product Manager in coordination, preparation, and analysis for user research.
- Writing Documentation. Staying on top of documentation for numerous internal audiences will be a constant for you.
- Systems Management. You’ll help make existing operations and IT procedures more efficient.