The Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of local sales reps. This is a “player/coach” role accountable for his/her own sales goals as well as those of the team. The primary sales target is licensed cannabis businesses in states where Simplifya has regulatory coverage. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and works out of the Denver office.
- Work closely with the CRO, VP of Marketing & PR, and VP of Partnerships to execute sales strategies aligned to various segments of the market.
- Recruit and manage a sales team consisting of Territory Leads that work locally in the Denver office but are responsible for territories as defined by the manager.
- Create accountability and trust via weekly meetings and reports, both as a team and with 1:1s.
- Provide regular training for the sales team, helping them develop consistent pitches and empowering them to overcome objections.
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, and other industry events where you may be in charge of running Simplifya’s booth, presenting to attendees, managing staff at the event, etc.
- Work with other departments to understand the value proposition of our software, content, and services for different segments of users.
- As a member of the sales team, lead by example to generate leads, schedule appointments, prepare and deliver presentations, conduct demos, and close sales.
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with G Suite and related programs
- Proficient with standard CRM systems (e.g., SalesForce, Hubspot, Streak, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience, preferably managing a team
- 2-3 years selling software, preferably SaaS applications in a B2B environment
- 1-2 years experience in the cannabis industry
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be able to pass a background check