Simplifya is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our dynamic team and provide accounting support to our management staff. This is a great opportunity to join an established leadership team and work in an exciting startup environment. We put our people first and work in a fast-paced, high-energy, collaborative way. Your work will be meaningful and fulfilling, providing support to managers across a range of functions. This position reports to the COO and works with a fractional Controller and CFO for mentoring and guidance.
- Financial reporting for management support.
- Manage and track cash flow.
- A/P, A/R, P/R and GL closing.
- Rolling budget and forecast preparation.
- Monthly reconciliation of all accounts with QBO including bank, credit card, payroll, 401K systems, and more.
- Miscellaneous filings for payroll, state and local sales taxes, unemployment insurance, 401K administration, etc.
- Tool Proficiency. Highly proficient with QuickBooks Online, Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel. Able to work with a variety of cloud-based tools for payroll, expense management, time-tracking, etc.
- Confidentiality. Maintains the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Attention to detail. Ensures the accuracy of all financial reporting and reconciliation between systems and apps.
- Organization. Remains highly organized despite our startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in public and/or private company accounting.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and SaaS revenue reporting (MRR).
- Experience working in a corporate structure that includes a holding company with multiple subsidiaries.
- Colorado resident.